Monday, August 1, 2011

monday.


Today was my first day back at work. It was a REALLY rough morning. I had a stomach ache as soon as I woke up. I was so nervous to face everyone at work. I was also nervous because this was my first day without Brian and our morning work week routine. We usually wake up together and he walks me to the door all sleepy and gives me kisses and we say our "I love yous" "have a good day" and "i miss you already"s. Then I call or text him when I get to work so he knows I got there safely. I went upstairs to work, had a good cry, and powered through my day. I was able to get off work early and that helped me.

We had a beautiful memorial bonfire for Brian yesterday. SO many people came out and brought supplies and food. I am so thankful for every single person that came yesterday. Even if people couldn't make it I am thankful for all the support I have.







4 comments:

  1. a bonfire is such a great idea, the beach is such a wonderful place to say goodbye. glad you got through work and hearing that you have lots of supports makes me smile :)

    thinking of you <3

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  2. heather, my heart goes out to you. its going to be hard for a while , but it gets better, i promise. you are a strong person,take it one day at a time. i know you miss him. you always will. i love you my baby girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you don't know me and i don't know you, but i knew brian. and i loved him immensely. i'm so sorry for your loss. i have been in your shoes. almost literally. i wish i could tell you that there was something that could be done or said that would ease your pain or help you understand, but unfortunately there is not. but i can tell you it does get easier and it will hurt less. xoxo k

    ReplyDelete
  4. this nearly made me cry. hang in there sweetie. it will get better, but he'll always be with you. <3

    ReplyDelete